Thursday, October 2, 2008

Home The Place To Be

Writen by Michael Ming

Yes all is quiet at 10 o'clock on a mild Monday night in Brisbane Queensland. We have an over-crowded home (not as bad as some) but when you share a room with a 16-year-old nephew in your own mortgaged home that's overcrowded in my book.

One year in the future they will all leave (my brother's family). The two I will miss the most will be my 19-year-old niece and my grand nephew Zach. Now it's Zach I want to tell you about.

Zach was exactly 14 months old on the 19th November 2006. I've seen him on every one of those 425 days and I love him to bits. He is healthy and intelligent. A devil of a conspirator and one that brings that special ray of sunshine on the dullest day.

Did I say conspirator? Yes I did. It's true. An example is the time he sneaked up and plopped his toast into his grandfather's drink and laughed and laughed at his own cleverness. Another example. He is known to deliberately ignore me when I'm trying to get his attention, then turns and has a loud giggle at his cheekiness. The deepness in those sparkling blue eyes are his mainstay- a future lady killer if there ever was one.

But the most enjoyable, the most lovable moment now is when he stands and you hold out your arms and he runs towards you with that wonderful laughter and hugs you close as a strong embrace ensues. That is the sweetest time of all.

Hospital in Tennessee Thailand Hotels

No comments: